Sunday, January 11, 2015

Retail lesson of the day # 1

Some people don't like to be bothered. Some people aren't social and would prefer to be left alone. Some individuals are afraid of other people and are extremely socially awkward. All of these things are more than ok, however if you are going to be shopping in just about any store in the world, you will be greeted by one of the sales associates. That being said I fully understand and respect everyone's need to be left to their own devices, but if I come greet you and ask if there's anything I can do to help you, it's not because I want to bother you. It's because it's my job. It is my job to greet you, ask you if I can help you, and inform you of our specials. So even if you don't want to talk to me do not be rude to me. Do not cut me off or continue walking right past me as if I wasn't there ( because trust me I will chase you down.). You don't even have to answer me. You can simply smile and shake your head and I'll leave you alone. But be rude to me and I will give you attitude right on back and I am pretty sure that is going to be how most retail associates will handle it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment