Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Grapes of Concord

I have now joined the ranks of gardeners who can their own food. It all started with a trip to the farmer's market a few days ago. It was hot (more humid than hot so it was a sticky day), and there weren't as many vendors as there normally is. I was starting to lose faith in finding anything delicious this trip when I saw a tub of concord grapes. Only my favorite type of grape from Concord, MA. They are fragrant, and just a little bit of spicy wrapped up in a whole lot of sweet. Little side note, I remember growing up, every summer i would ride my bike to a neighbors house and steal their concord grapes. They were just so... summer perfect.
  Back to my Famer's Market trip, the vendor saw me ogling the tub of concord grapes and she offered it to me for five dollars, saying that it was just enough to make jam, jelly, or juice. Well I don't know about you, but breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. Jam it was I decided and paid the fine lady. It was so hard not to keep eating them all the way home. 

Later that night I made a quick trip to the store to pick up the supplies I needed to jar my own jam. I found the most amazing recipe that keeps it simple and to the point: concord grape jam.  While I can't take credit for the recipe, I just have to share it: Concord Grape Jam


It came out absolutely delicious, and I definitely agree with the creator of the recipe: It may be delicious, but boiling hot jam is like napalm. Absolutely burned the heck out of my tongue and fingers, but it was so worth it. Thanks for your amazing recipe Jesse Cross!

No comments:

Post a Comment