Monday, November 5, 2012

America the beautiful.

So what is it that makes America beautiful? And no I'm not talking about America Ferrera but instead this wonderful country we all call home. Is it that we are a democratic state where the people elect our officials? *cough cough* vote Obama *cough cough*. Is it that we are a country of religious freedoms and a separation of church and state? What is it that makes America a great country? It's none of those.
Hello deep fat Friday! That's right. We are an amazing country because we have created a culture that thrives on the necessity of having readily available fast food, i.e. fried foods. It's astounding the number of people who eat fried foods on a daily basis, and it continues to disgust me how often I wind up eating something that has been fried and a vat of fat. Haha vat of fat. I made a rhyme.
Well to continue with our education at school we did a day (deep fat Friday) where we learned all about the process of deep-fat frying by frying farm raised catfish, homemade onion rings, and just about anything that you can imagine. We even did a whole box of twinkies. That's ten twinkies!!!! I am pretty sure that I took off about five years of my life with all the artery clogging fat that I ingested. Enjoy the pictures.

Ciao xo

Oh and if you are wondering I tried to create the look of some deep sea monster with my plated catfish and onion rings haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment