Sunday, October 26, 2014

Safe travels

One of the most terrible and terrifying things that can happen to a traveler happened to us on Friday. We went out for breakfast and discovered that my debit card, our complete means of financial support while on this trip, was gone. It was one of those moments when your stomach just plummets and you go icy cold with fear. I'm pretty sure I smoke more that day than I have any other here with how high my stress and anxiety levels were. Luckily I have an awesome bank that was willing to work with me to make it possible for my mother in law to withdraw money from my account and put it into my husbands account. They also let me know that in the future I need to make a trip to the bank to talk to them as they can give me a travelers card which is a back up debit card that they can transfer all my funds to as well as some emergency travelers checks. Moral of the lesson. Stay calm and make phone calls to get everything resolved. Also make sure that you have someone in your natural country that can help out and visit your bank before leaving to find out what their options are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment