Saturday, November 1, 2014

A walk along the beach

When we got back from our jaunt to Thurso we needed a little time apart. So Tim took a nap while I decided to drive down to the museum to hunt for the Farr Stone, an ancient Pictish stone that's said to have just appeared one night in the 8th century. We had looked for it the day before but it turned out we walked right past it and didn't even notice it amongst the other grave markers and head stones it stood next to. It's amazing how well the carvings have survived the years and it's a beautiful stone. The mystery behind who put it there still stands after so many hundreds of years. Magic I say. After I found the Farr Stone I decided to walk down to Farr beach while the weather was nice. It was an absolutely beautiful afternoon and the tide was all the way out. It was so very magical and strangely the water wasn't salty!! It tasted and smelled fresh! I still am unsure as to why the water coming from the ocean was fresh and not salty but I suppose that just adds to the magic of this place. I could honestly never leave here. Everyone here has chickens and sheep and they just seem to love living in this gorgeous little village. Maybe one day. But Tim says I have to ship over an automatic car haha. 






No comments:

Post a Comment