Saturday, November 1, 2014

Home away from home.

After our long drive from Inverness we finally made it to the area where my family on my fathers side came from many generations ago; Bettyhill Scotland. It is literally the most beautiful and magical place I have ever been in my life. I don't know if it's that my ancestors are from here but just being here fills me with this warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Also be prepared for the most hospital people anywhere. When we "checked into" the Bettyhill Hotel we were given the grand tour, ask what time we wanted dinner and breakfast and then showed to our room. Which I'd like to add we were upgraded to from a smaller room with no bathroom entirely free of charge. No money exchanged hands, no credit cards swiped, no checks written. Instead we were treated as if we were family. My recommendation already is that if you find yourself this far up the highlands make a point of staying here at the Bettyhill Hotel. 

And here is the gorgeous view out our room windows. Just breathtaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment