Thursday, November 6, 2014

One sad final night

It's our last night in Bettyhill. I am rather sad about this fact. I have truly come to love this quaint town that despite its tiny population has so much charm. But at the same time we are super excited to go to Norway and find Tim's family roots. After two rounds of pool at the pub we had our last dinner here. Tim had the game stew while I tried their summer squash risotto. I can honestly say that I have never had a risotto that I hated, until now. I'm sure for other people they might really enjoy this dish but for me the flavors of summer squash and blue cheese together just don't sit well. But the sticky toffee pudding made it all better in the end. Now to repack our luggage and get an early night in bed before we leave at 730 in the morning for the drive back down to Inverness. Goodnight and farewell Bettyhill, my home away from home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment